Food generates love and connection. To carefully prepare a meal for someone is the most practical way to say that you care.
I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I do and at the upcoming dinner, you could share them with your loved ones, so they are never lost.
The traditional foodie
Take a look at my latest posts…
- Italian food: One day eating like an ItalianOh Italy, the city of history, love and of course… Italian Food! I had the chance to live in Italy […]
- How to be a traditional foodie?This article is the result of many years in the world of gastronomy, observing the behaviour of many people who […]
- Intellectual property and traditional food: the role of Geographical IndicationsIntellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names […]
- What is terroir, the untranslatable wordTerroir is a French term and concept. With no equivalent word in English. But what is ‘terroir’?
- Traditional food: the new trend in gastronomyNo matter where we come from, we grew up eating our grandma’s food and enjoying those deliciously old recipes our […]
- Tiramisù, the aphrodisiac Italian dessertThe fifth most internationally known Italian word, and the first that refers to desserts, don’t you believe it? The Accademia […]
- Vitel tonné or Vitello tonnato”Written like this? Not ‘vitel tonné‘? Italian? It sounds French…” This may come to mind when you see this title. […]
- Pastry cream, the old and the modern recipeFew ingredients to give life to one of the most beloved creams: Pastry Cream. Eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla, what […]
- Cotoletta alla milanese recipeThe traditional recipe of the famous Italian dish cotoletta alla Milanese and the French influence on the words of Italian […]
- Risotto allo zafferano, poverty and gold in a typical dish of Milanese cuisineThis dish is very important in my personal history. I had a Milanese boyfriend who loved rice. And I loved […]
- Italian cornetto: Legend, history and recipeWhat could be better than starting the day with an Italian cornetto? Widespread from the North to the South of […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano VS ParmesanProbably the most famous of all cheeses and an emblem of world cuisine. In Italy, they call it The King […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano: History and productionIn the northern Italian region of Padana, winters were harsh during most of the High Middle Ages. This usually meant food […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano, the King of cheesesParmigiano Reggiano is an Italian cheese that is as well known as it is tasty. You can eat it either […]
- Italian coffee: The ultimate guideI always remember those bars on the sidewalk of the Corso Como street in Milan. The tables for those who […]
- Wine history and the creation of GIsGeographical indications guarantee the origin of a food product. When we go to the supermarket we focus on the products […]