Food generates love and connection. To carefully prepare a meal for someone is the most practical way to say that you care.
I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I do and at the upcoming dinner, you could share them with your loved ones, so they are never lost.
The traditional foodie
Take a look at my latest posts…
- Italian food: One day eating like an ItalianOh Italy, the city of history, love and of course… Italian Food! I had the chance to live in Italy […]
- How to be a traditional foodie?This article is the result of many years in the world of gastronomy, observing the behaviour of many people who […]
- Intellectual property and traditional food: the role of Geographical IndicationsIntellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names […]
- What is terroir, the untranslatable wordTerroir is a French term and concept. With no equivalent word in English. But what is ‘terroir’?
- Traditional food: the new trend in gastronomyNo matter where we come from, we grew up eating our grandma’s food and enjoying those deliciously old recipes our […]
- Bagna Cauda from Piedmont: the ultimate guideIt’s winter, it’s cold, what better than a good dish to warm the soul? Maybe you lost track of where it came from, or maybe your nonna told you that bagna cauda comes from the wonderful Piedmont area of Italy. Whatever the case, this dish is as unique as its origin, with its garlic and anchovy flavour, perfect for the autumn season.
- Limoncello, nonna’s lemon liqueurLimoncello is a very popular Italian liqueur made from the peel of lemons from Campania, in southern Italy. It is […]
- Spaghetti alla carbonara and its unexpected originToday the Italian character of spaghetti alla carbonara is indisputable. But what would you say if I told you that […]
- Aubergine Parmigiana (Italian Parmigiana di Melanzane)Aubergine Parmigiana is aa recipe shared and disputed as origins from north to south of Italy: Emilia Romagna, Campania (Parmigiana […]
- Ragù alla bolognese sauce official recipeRagù alla Bolognese is a typical Bolognese recipe. It is traditionally used to season egg tagliatelle (tagliatelle alla Bolognese), but […]
- Tiramisù, the aphrodisiac Italian dessertThe fifth most internationally known Italian word, and the first that refers to desserts, don’t you believe it? The Accademia […]
- Vitel tonné or Vitello tonnato”Written like this? Not ‘vitel tonné‘? Italian? It sounds French…” This may come to mind when you see this title. […]
- Pastry cream, the old and the modern recipeFew ingredients to give life to one of the most beloved creams: Pastry Cream. Eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla, what […]
- Cotoletta alla milanese recipeThe traditional recipe of the famous Italian dish cotoletta alla Milanese and the French influence on the words of Italian […]
- Risotto allo zafferano, poverty and gold in a typical dish of Milanese cuisineThis dish is very important in my personal history. I had a Milanese boyfriend who loved rice. And I loved […]
- Italian cornetto: Legend, history and recipeWhat could be better than starting the day with an Italian cornetto? Widespread from the North to the South of […]
- Pizza, the most famous food in the WorldNo need for presentation. There is no doubt pizza is the most famous food in the world, there is no […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano VS ParmesanProbably the most famous of all cheeses and an emblem of world cuisine. In Italy, they call it The King […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano: History and productionIn the northern Italian region of Padana, winters were harsh during most of the High Middle Ages. This usually meant food […]
- Parmigiano Reggiano, the King of cheesesParmigiano Reggiano is an Italian cheese that is as well known as it is tasty. You can eat it either […]
- Italian coffee: The ultimate guideI always remember those bars on the sidewalk of the Corso Como street in Milan. The tables for those who […]
- Wine history and the creation of GIsGeographical indications guarantee the origin of a food product. When we go to the supermarket we focus on the products […]